You know I had to laugh hard at myself ...I could not navigate my way to our blog. Once I remembered......I thought, well how simple am I....LOL !!!
So I just had a few random thoughts and needed to get a little feedback. I recently flipped back into the dating thing and have managed to narrow it down to one that really makes me smile and just feel some kind of waaaaayyyyy !!! Ladies, I'm humming and singing all of the R&B songs...and swaying. Anyway, we have recently started talking about the big stuff (marriage,finances, relocating, children etc.) and he is saying all of the right things. So here's the curve ball(s)
1. We have a significant age difference, He's younger than my parents, but 10 yrs older than my eldest sister. So what does this mean.....he'll be AARP eligible before our children finish college !!!!!! I'm sure someone in one of our families will have a calculator and a twisted look on their face, hahahaha !!!!!
2. Different religions. Now before you start throwing bibles at me, let me finish. Part of my upbringing included following the Nation of Islam, which he is apart of, however I later confessed Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and NEVER looked back. So I understand/respect his beliefs,(and vice versa)so he knows that I am not changing mine or converting in any way. He can have his Koran....but this brown girl is keeping her Bible. This has not posed any problems for me and him....not yet. I am concern about, well the obvious....I head to the church house for worship, you praying to the east.....what are we going to do on Sundays ???? He's totally open to coming to church with me.....but I can't see me as I am in the Mosque, wrapped up. The bottom line is that you can't serve two GODS and I only acknowledge one, so what to do, what to do ?
Okay Ladies, let me have it...........but keep in mind I'm an artist...and I'm sensitive about my ..............................................
~K.A~
Welp! Sista-Friend.......I'll keep in mind that youre an artist cause I too am sensitive about MY ISH TOO! LOL
ReplyDeleteFirst, I am glad when any of us get that looooooovin feeeeeeeelin that has us askin the DJ to let it Roooooooooooooooootate!!!
Hell, Im shoulder rockin just THINKIN BOUT MY NEXXT!!!! UMPH!
Im back!
So...While I dont think that love has an age limit, my logic hasnt yet let me even get as far as you are without considering the conflicts of dating a much older man. I have a GREAT love for 40+, there's a part of me that always considers that they are closer to my MOMs age than mine. The moments of my man having more in common with her and my aunts and uncles, prob (knowing stl) knowing some of the same people they knew, being able to go to the same spots (without getting carded) as them...has put a great screeching HALT to any passes made my way or otherwise with that much of a difference in age. You could VERY WELL be more mature than me and gotten past all of my reasonings in your journey to loving this man. I commend you!And I say follow your heart and not your mind!Theres not much room (if any) for logic in love.
Religion can be big! But if he's willing to flex with you, I'd rally for you to do the same....I'd prob say get the compromise into ACTION before I do or any MAJOR plans (show me state)....and see how it works rather than having the "you SAID you would be okay with this" convo later!
LUV, PEACE, AND SOUL MY SISTER!!!!
~L
HA!! Hey chica... AARP! WOWZERS! 40 just isnt that bad... but heck I am 34... not a big deal.
ReplyDeleteI also dont see anything wrong with him serving his God and you serving yours...GOD is GOD. thats my thought... I'm sure im in minority but I'm not looking for the popular vote on that... All that meaning go for it HONEY! Do you!
Happy is what happy does. If you two make each other happy, hopefully you'll find a way to work that out. It's a big one, no doubt...but doable. Please give him a chand...Chew this bubble
ReplyDeletegum until the sugar is gone!
"chance"
ReplyDelete