Ok...I am going through a love/ hate with my TWA.....it just doesn't wanna grow :(
I am loving the freedom that my natural hair has provided but I did not know that natural hair required so much, and I do mean sooo much work and maintenance . I moisturize, and moisturize, then twist, then water spritz, then leave it alone.......then untwist them, moisturize...again, ugh !!!! Really ??
I do not remember such regiments as a permed head. You know, I could just throw some perm in my head and shock everyone...again, lol. I mean I do miss the days of a wrap or simple ponytail and them I'm out the door. Even a quick rollerset would a break right now. Everyone is recommending products, but I have one fun.issue that makes me a different natural. You'll never guess, go ahead, I'll wait.......................
Nuts.
Yes, Brazilian Nuts. These lovely creations, provide glorious Shea butter. I just happen to have a nut allergy, and I itch just a little when using raw Shea butter to moisture my skin. So, until directed by my Allergist I cannot eat any nut products, nor use any nut affiliated products on my skin......ie scalp
*INSERT TEMPER TANTRUM*
What am I supposed to do ? I ask pointing to my hair.....As much as I am loving my little natural kinky curls, idk ladies.....I just don't know. At this point I am taking it to the google and researching all natural DIY products (please provide suggestions)
Keeping Hope Alive w/Benedryl.......
*~K.A~*
Umm, I MAY be the WRONG person to chime in...I grew tired of re-twisting my hair after one week and did the pimp run across the street to the African hair braiders! Ahhhh, happiness for a few months. Even though I've not had a relaxer in three years, I'm still a flat iron/blow dry gal. Try Sister's Keeper Products...she's on facebook.
ReplyDeleteCrack is NOT WACK! MY naps HURT!!!! Even at this Very Moment!!! I'd LOVE to pat my fro and Go...But whoever I was going to visit would tell me to return b/c my tude would be alllllllll wrong! Im bout to join Star and go see my MotherLand Mammas!!!Emma Lee makes some Hair Crack and her Mane is Magnific!! (spelling?)
ReplyDeleteHOOK HER UP WIT YA HAIR CRACK SISTAFRIEND!! FOR A SMALL FEE!
IM OUT!
~L
I got you! I've tried to comment several times it won't post. FRUSTRATED!!!!!! Try h2o and olive oil as a moisturizer( daily) for twist you can try beeswax ( I did when I first went natural) with that try conditioner( cheap one) with some grapeseed oil.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the hair crack ill have to alter the ingredients since you can't do any nut products. Email me and we will figure this out. :)