*queue the music (Anthony Hamilton - Southern Stuff)*
Oh how I love the south! So I finally met Mississippi! The man of my dreams (from a distance). Last week his cousin LG (who introduced us) called and said "Kelly, I'm taking a one day trip and you are coming along with me." How could I refuse. I didn't have to pay for anyting, not food because the family was cooking, LG had breakfast at his house, he was driving his truck and he refuse to let me put in on gas or anything. So I get to LG's house about 830. We ate then headed out the house. We stopped to pick up another one of his friends that was rolling out with us, we stopped for gas and hit the road. One hour in me and Mississippi were texting and I had butterflies in my stomach in anticipation of meeting him. While on the drive I was talking to LG's son, who sat in the back seat with me during the ride down and also listening to a book that LG had playing that was crazy as HELL and funny at the same time. (Name of the book is called "White Girl Problems" by Babe Walker)
For the ride down I wore black jogging pants and a cream long sleeve shirt with a brown cami under it. I bumped my hair before I left so that when we got to our next destination to freshen up, all I had to do was my little make up and change my bottoms. My hair was BOOMING!!! It was flying in the air when I stepped out the car to change. I took a dark brown skirt with a new sweater that Lois had given me the day before and my new boots that were dark brown and grey. After the ride that didn't seem long at all because LG hits the road with no stops for nothing, LOL, we get to our stop to change and girls, I was SNATCHED! LOL... We leave there after everyone is changed and then we get to the church to hear LG's mother speak for the first time. We walked in minutes too late to hear her speak but if you've ever been to a black church in the south... they don't end at our Midwest times. LMAO! Anywho, we exit the church and head to 606 where Mississippi resides. I was NERVOUS! I was shaking with anticipation, butterflies in my stomach yet excited at the same time. Now I've seen pictures of Mississippi before and we have talked daily but I was finally gonna meet him in person. When I get to the garage where we were entering into 606. I stopped and waiting for LG to walk me and his guest in. When we get inside, the food is smelling DELICIOUS and the ppl all look up with smiles and happy to be eating. LOL. We walk into the living room area to be introduced to more people one being Mississippi's Mom and then I look up too see this 6'3, dark skinned, Rick ross beard with a low cut fade, and football build man walking towards me and all I could do was smile like a fat kid seeing chocolate cake on the table after Sunday dinner. He walks straight towards me while I'm looking SNATCHED and grabs my bag and put it down and says, "can we skip pass the handshakes and I just get a hug." I was W.E.A.K!!!! Of course I gave him a hug and a tight one at that while he whispered in my ear "I'm happy to finally see you." Yall I could not stop blushing when we finally stopped hugging. When I looked around, his mom, dad, LG and his guest were all watching us. LOL... I felt like a lil kid... That talk dark man had me like WHEW!!!! He pictures did him NO justice. He was even better in person. After we said our hello's, his mom took me and LG's guest to a back room where we could change our clothes and get more comfy and I was still smiling. Once I changed, I plugged my gadgets (phone and kindle up in the same room) and walked out. We walked pass the living room to the kitchen were (guess who)........... yelp, you got it, Mississippi had prepared dinner for us. He cooked steamed veggies, grilled some asparagus, burgers (and he bought potatoe buns for them), turkey burgers, made some spaghetti with ground turkey, homemade yeast rolls, and grilled sweet potatoes. Needless to say, the food was amazing. I was stuffed and ready for a nap by the time was done. LOL.... after eating we sang Happy Birthday to his little cousin and they had cake. I went into the living room with LG's guest and we watched started watching the video that Mississippi's father had done of the church service. Everyone came into the living with us and we laughed and watched. Of course because I was new and meeting more than Mississippi we didn't get much time to talk and mingle. I was being interview by Dr. Cole and Mrs. Cole (the parents of Mississippi) and from what I hear, I passed my test.
Needless to say, I enjoyed my visit but now I am more curious to know Mississippi. I still need to trip in March to see him and hang out with just him. I want to get to know him and see what he is like outside of the family. Until next time....
XOXO,
Kelly!
Shiiiiiid!!! This got ME cheesin n thangs!!! I love when a man takes my bag or purse to free my arms so he can engulf me!! Whoooo chile!! Tell him bring a friend or two with him to the M!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the soundtrack!
L